Blake Lively Says The Past Year Has Brought “The Highest Of Highs & The Lowest Of Lows”

Blake Lively Says The Past Year Has Brought “The Highest Of Highs & The Lowest Of Lows”


Blake Lively is speaking out about her “intense” year amid her ongoing legal battle with her It Ends With Us director and co-star Justin Baldoni.

Lively appeared Thursday on Late Night with Seth Meyers, one of her first television interviews since she filed a lawsuit against Baldoni late last year, alleging Baldoni launched a retaliatory smear campaign against her for reporting sexual harassment and workplace safety concerns.

“What I can say without going too into it is that this year has been the highest of highs and the lowest of lows in my life,” she told Meyers, “and I see so many women around afraid to speak, especially right now, afraid to share their experiences, and fear is by design.”

“It’s what keeps us silent. But I also acknowledge that many people don’t have the opportunity to speak,” she added. “So I do feel fortunate that I’ve been able to and as a woman, you have the ability to use your voice – that’s kept me strong and helped me in my belief and my fight for the world to be safer for women and girls. It’s a pretty simple thing.”

Baldoni followed Lively’s December 2024 lawsuit with a countersuit alleging defamation and other contractual claims against Lively and other defendants, including her husband, Ryan Reynolds, for $400 million. Since then, it has been a back-and-forth of accusations and dueling lawsuits. A trial date is set for March 9, 2026.

Lively appeared on Late Night to promote her latest film Another Simple Favor.

You can watch the entire interview above.



Source link

Posted in

Nathan Pine

I focus on highlighting the latest in business and entrepreneurship. I enjoy bringing fresh perspectives to the table and sharing stories that inspire growth and innovation.

Leave a Comment