Trump issues military ultimatum to Nigeria over ‘killing of Christians’

Trump issues military ultimatum to Nigeria over ‘killing of Christians’


President Donald Trump in a message posted to Truth Social on Saturday threatened to go into Nigeria “guns-a-blazing” to attack Islamic terrorists if Nigeria does not deal with them.

“If the Nigerian Government continues to allow the killing of Christians, the U.S.A. will immediately stop all aid and assistance to Nigeria, and may very well go into that now disgraced country, “guns-a-blazing,” to completely wipe out the Islamic Terrorists who are committing these horrible atrocities,” Trump wrote.

“I am hereby instructing our Department of War to prepare for possible action,” he continued. “If we attack, it will be fast, vicious, and sweet, just like the terrorist thugs attack our CHERISHED Christians! WARNING: THE NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT BETTER MOVE FAST!”

Kimiebi Imomotimi Ebienfa, a spokesperson for Nigeria’s foreign ministry, previously said that his country has “noted” the U.S. statement on religious freedom, but denies that there is any mass slaughter of Christians in Nigeria.

“We remain committed in our resolve to tackle the violent extremism that is fueled by special interests who have helped drive such decay and division in countries across the intersecting West African and Sahel regions,” Ebienfa said.

“The Federal Government of Nigeria will continue to defend all citizens, irrespective of race, creed, or religion,” Ebienfa added. “Like America, Nigeria has no option but to celebrate the diversity that is our greatest strength. Nigeria is a God-fearing country where we respect faith, tolerance, diversity and inclusion, in concurrence with the rules-based international order.”

This is a breaking news story. Updates will follow.



Source link

Posted in

Nathan Pine

I focus on highlighting the latest in business and entrepreneurship. I enjoy bringing fresh perspectives to the table and sharing stories that inspire growth and innovation.

Leave a Comment